30-7513 Wellington Rd.
Puslinch, ON, N0B2J0, Canada
I am a certified TESL teacher through Oxford Seminars in Canada. I was previously employed at a university in Oaxaca Mexico for almost 3 years. I started as an ESL teacher and was promoted to Head of the Language Center/Jefe del Centro de Idiomas after my first year. I returned to Canada in 2016 to help care for my aging mother. It is time for me to return to where my heart lies, to teaching ESL both online or in a physical capacity.
During my time at the university in Oaxaca, I taught 3 different levels of students, beginners, intermediates and advanced students. In my past, I have hosted international students from such countries as Japan, Brazil, Mexico, South Korea and many others in my home for over 25 years. During this time, I helped them with their English speaking and communicative skills, as well as with their spelling and grammar. Knowing my students, understanding their needs and challenges, being able to adjust to each persons' individual learning level has allowed me to become highly diverse in my life and teaching abilities.
Teaching ESL became the most satisfying position I have ever had in my life. My skills back ground of being in Human Resources, financials, administrative and Customer Service Representative positions had me dealing with a multitude of different personalities on a daily basis. Nothing could have prepared me better to be in a teaching position, but nothing also prepared me for how much teaching became the best position, most soul satisfying job position I ever had.
My enclosed resume provides an overview of my education, work history, and some of my interests but it cannot adequately express my passion and sincere enthusiasm for teaching and educating international students. I hope to be able to convey some of this to you in an interview at your convenience. I would like to thank you in advance for reviewing my resume and cover letter and considering how I could make the best contribution to your organization and for me to become part of your team.
30-7513 Wellington Rd.
Puslinch, ON, N0B2J0, Canada
Personal Birth Canada / 1959
Details Citizenship Canada
English Ability Native Speaker
Marital Status Divorced
Education TESOL/TESL Certification (120 Hours)
Oxford Seminars Guelph, Canada
High School Diploma - Specialized in Business courses
Acton High School Acton, Canada
September 1972 - June 1977
Work Donor Relations & Database Specialist
History Hospice Wellington Guelph, Canada
Dec 2016 – June 2020
- Database management
- Handle all financials for incoming donations
Head of Language Center/Jefe del Centro de Idiomas
UNCA Teotitlan de Flores Magon, Oaxaca, Mexico
December 2013 - March 2016
- Taught beginners, intermediate and advanced ESL at the university level.
- Supervising and training of other ESL teachers in curriculum being used.
- Classes focused on reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, pronunciation, comprehension, conversation, idioms etc. using the ESA (Engage, Study, Activate) method.
HR / H&S Manager / Legal Administrator
Merit Glass Guelph, Canada
November 2008 - August 2012
- Developed, recommend and Implement all company HR / H&S policies, procedures and manuals.
- Supervised all staff in HR / H&S and legal administrative responsibilities.
Lead Office Administrator, Western Canada
Right Management Calgary, Canada
February 2002 - December 2007
- Ensured the smooth administrative operations of 3 western Canadian province locations.
- Trained and supervised all administrative staff.
Administrative / Management Consultant
Calahoo Petroleum High Level, Canada
December 1999 - March 2001
- Supervised the total running operations of a remote oilfield drilling & completions camp.
- Tracked all oilfield operations including wireline and fracing operations.
- Final analyzation of contract came in at 12.6% under budget.
Volunteer Host Family
Experience In cooperation with various ESL Programs Calgary / Guelph, Canada
September 1985 - Present
- Hosted individual international students for several ESL private schools.
- Assisted students with their English language skill (conversation, comprehension, writing, vocabulary etc.).
- Helped students experience different fawcets of life in Canada by sightseeing excursions, family involvements,.
Online Teacher of English Idioms
English Idioms Calgary, Canada
January 2001 - January 2004
- Created an international chat room to teach English idioms online.
- Taught classes of up to 38 students using the ESA (Engage, Study, Activate) method.
- Introduced activities which made learning idioms fun and interactive for students.
Additional Skills / Travel: Jamaica, Barbados, Bahamas, St. Kitts, Nevis, Mexico, United States, all over Canada
Experiences Overseas Residences: Mexico
Skills: Diversification and adaptability
Professional Memberships: MPI International
References Available upon request
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!