TEFL Teacher with Business Communications Background
Birth Date: 1976
I am a resourceful, dependable TEFL-certified native English speaker with professional teaching and business experience seeking international and online teaching opportunities, principally with adults of any age.
TEFL/TESOL Certificate: International TEFL Academy – Nicaragua; October 2016
- Level 5; 190-hours
B.A. – Communication Studies: University of Maryland University College; May 2005
- Journalism minor
English Teacher: International TEFL Academy-Nicaragua; León, Nicaragua; 2017
- Developed curriculum, including lectures, reading materials, and tests for a three-month English business communications program for local hospitality industry.
- Created and conducted one-on-one and group classroom lessons encompassing a range of skill building activities in the four areas of language learning: Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening.
Student Affairs/Teacher: International TEFL Academy-Nicaragua; León, Nicaragua; 2017
- Acted as liaison for TEFL teacher students; managed a wide variety of administrative functions from initial contact through graduation ceremonies.
- Trained and operated as a Classroom Observer assisting and guiding TEFL teacher students with classroom performance and lesson planning.
- Planned and taught mixed-age Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced ESL classes using the communicative approach.
Communications Director: Olgoonik Development; Anchorage, AK; 2007-2016
- Developed, implemented and managed internal and external corporate marketing and communications strategies for an Alaska Native-owned corporation.
- Wrote and edited monthly, quarterly and annual publications.
- Designed, populated and maintained the organization’s multiple websites.
- Planned and executed effective public relations events and cross-cultural communication strategies.
- Provided expertise, support and advice to all levels of the company.
- Website designer and content creator
- Writer, editor
- Public relations, speaking and presentations
- Comfortable and effective in multi-cultural environments
- Spanish, functional
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and multiple content management systems
- Productive working alone and with a team
- Registered yoga teacher
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!