Do you want to know why 60% of our teachers are of the second year or more? Please come and join the professional team of English Teachers at EF English First East Java, Indonesia.
A tropical paradise in the world, East Java is ideally located for visits to Bali and the historic and cultural attractions of Java, and also to the other islands of the Indonesian archipelago.
About EF English First
English First is a large and well-established organization with over 50 schools in Indonesia alone. The Surabaya franchisee runs ten very successful schools in East Java and two in Bali, and we are about to open our sixth school in Surabaya very soon. We employ more than 100 native speakers, so we have regular positions available for teachers.
Our Academic Programs
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 10. Most students attend high school or university, but there are also growing numbers of young learners and Business English groups. English levels range from beginner to advanced.
* Each school has a comprehensive language resource library and a computer room with up-to-date software.
* Teachers are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every course, but are encouraged to adapt them for their individual teaching style and their students' needs.
* Most of our classes meet in our schools in the afternoons and evenings on Mondays to Fridays, and also on Saturday mornings in Sidoarjo. A teacher's classes are scheduled on five days a week (Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday), with two consecutive days off in a week (Saturday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday). There are occasional opportunities for voluntary overtime classes at other times and locations.
What you offer
* A TEFL certificate from on-site courses such as the CELTA, Trinity or equivalent, with a minimum of 100 hours' study that includes observed teaching practice. Also required by the Indonesian government for native-speaking English teachers.
* A higher/ further education certificate with a minimum of bachelor's degree. This is required by the Indonesian government for native-speaking English teachers.
* A professional approach to teaching.
* A willingness to teach a range of courses with students of different age groups.
* A readiness to adapt to living and working in Indonesia.
* a TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) certificate issued by Cambridge. This is a requirement for all native-speaking teachers working with EF. The test can be taken after the teacher arrives, at his/ her expense.
* Should you be accepted for a position, we will also need a hospital/ doctor's letter stating you are in good health, free from drugs and HIV/ AIDS. This is one of the Indonesian government's requirements for native English speakers teaching in Indonesia.
What we offer
* A renewable one-year contract with a salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia.
* One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa.
* A bonus of one month's salary upon contract completion.
* Approximately 35 paid vacation days per year. These include 15 days of personal vacation, two weeks each year when our schools are closed, and additional public holidays as declared by the government (approximately 10 days per year).
* Health insurance.
* A fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment with great opportunities for career development. Most of our senior academic staff have been promoted from within the group.
To apply, please send your CV/resume by e-mail to Haryo Baskoro: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please kindly mention where you found our vacancy in your application.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
For more information, please visit our website:
For pictures of our activities, please visit:
To Edit or Delete this posting: