‘The Language’ is a private language school operating in Surat Thani, South Thailand that requires native English teachers to join our happily placed team. Surat Thani is perfectly located as regards to the South of Thailand. Enjoy a real Thai experience living in Surat Thani Town, then take the opportunity to travel in any direction and end up in a place of beauty; ranging from beautiful beaches to amazing jungles and waterfalls.
An opportunity for a teacher to develop their skills in a supportive environment teaching students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 (Depending on the position) as an ESL teacher in a different cultural environment. You have the option of applying for positions at The Language School or our partner private Kindergarten/Primary school. Key requirements include:
• Native speaker from U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand with a Degree (Others need not apply please),
• TEFL or equivalent certificate.
• A desire to develop in the teaching profession.
• Experience using word, excel and power point for teaching and assessment purposes.
• A willingness to be actively involved in extra curricular activities (parent meetings, children’s parties etc)
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
1. Kindergarten 2 Bilingual (20hrs contact time) 7.30-4.30
2. Kindergarten 3 Bilingual (20hrs contact time) 7.30-4.30
3. Kindergarten 3 Bilingual (20hrs contact time) 7.30-4.30
4. EP Grade 1 (2 classes) English, Math and Science (20hrs contact time) 8-5
5. EP Grade 2 (2 classes) English Math and Science (20hrs contact time) 8-5
6. EP Grade 3 and 4 English Math and Science (20hrs contact time) 8-5
7. EP Grade 5 English, Math and Science (10) & The Language (10)(20 hrs contact time) 10-7
8. EP Grade 6 English, Math and Science (10) & The Language (10) (20 hrs contact time) 10-7
9. Regular Grade 1, 2, & 3 (12) + The Language (10) (20hrs + 2hrs overtime contact time) 10-7
10. Regular Grade 1, 2, & 3 (12) & The Language (10) (20hrs + 2 hrs overtime contact time) 10-7
11. Regular Grade 4, 5 & 6 (12) & The Language (10) (20hrs + 2 hrs overtime contact time) 10-7
12. Regular Grade 4, 5 (8) & Drama (2) & The Language (10) (20hrs + 2 hrs overtime contact time) 10-7
13. Regular Kindergarten(14) & Drama 6 hrs (10) (20hrs contact time) 7.30-4.30
*** The Language classes are small classes of a maximum of 16 students and students are placed by their English level.
- Full Time Contract Duration: May 2012 – March 2013
- Four and half day working week (either a half day on a Monday or a Friday)
- 25,000B during the probationary Course (Based on 20hrs contact time)
- 28,000B Basic Salary (Based on 20hrs contact time)
- 10,000B Semester Performance Bonus * End of September and March
- Free Furnished Accommodation
- 25 days paid holiday (15 paid upon leaving)
- 30 days sick leave
- All Public Holidays paid
- Overtime paid at 300B per hour
- All one year permits and visas paid
* Salary: 28,000B
* Completion Bonus: 15,000B
* Semester Performance Bonus: 10,000B
* Holiday pay: 14,000B
Leaving salary total: 67,000B
- Two week training program (Paid)
- Monthly workshops
- Professional Development
- Airport pick-up service
- Teacher Welfare Service
- Bi-Monthly meal or activity
- Semester Team Outings
- Ten hour Thai course
To apply for a position at our school please answer the following questions along with a cover letter and resume with a recent photograph to
If successful in your application we will send you details of your preferred positions and a scheduled SKYPE (Preferred) or telephone interview time.
POSITION TYPE (Full or part time):
1. Please state in preferred order (3 Max) the position/s you are applying for.
2. What made you decide to become a TEFL/ESL teacher?
3. What qualities do you feel you posses to be successful in the position you are applying for?
4. How do you feel this position will help you in your future career goals?
5. Please state a convenient day and time (Thai Time) to call for a SKYPE/Telephone interview.
For further details on our school please visit http://www.tls.ac.th
To Edit or Delete this posting: