Disney English Language Learning Director
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling with breakthrough teaching methodology to spark a child’s passion for learning English. Since the opening of our flagship center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been delivering an award-winning curriculum based on innovative technologies and beloved Disney characters to children throughout China. With an interactive learning process that immerses them in their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters, Disney English creates a fun, lively, and effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English invites candidates to make a difference in the life of a child while gaining experience with The Walt Disney Company, a world-class entertainment and technological leader. A unique, life-changing experience, the role of a Language Learning Director (LLD) with Disney English could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Language Learning Director will manage all academic operations at Disney English Language Learning Centers in China. The LLD is responsible for overall program delivery as well as the management of all Foreign Trainers and Assistant Trainers to ensure they are delivering a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience to children aged 2-12.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Human Resources to continually identify Foreign Trainer candidates that are passionate, energetic and qualified
- Lead the on-boarding process and professional development of all team members ensuring they are immersed in the culture of Disney English and the broader Disney Company
- Monitor the progress of the learners, satisfaction levels of parents and the aggregate results of the enrollment of the Center
- Motivate staff to continuously develop training skills needed to deliver an academically effective and engaging language learning experience
- Ensure a high quality experience by conducting classroom audits and Trainer performance reviews to provide timely, constructive and comprehensive feedback
- Resolve any academic and/or operational complaints related to the delivery or content of the Disney English program that may arise from staff, parents or children
- Ensure that comprehensive learner records are maintained by each trainer in both print and electronic format through occasional audits and on-going training assessments
- Conduct ongoing to staff meetings to communicate all changes in the academic delivery or content and resolve all pertinent learner and classroom management issues
- Oversee the classroom schedules for all Trainers to deliver optimal utilization of all Trainers based on the number of enrolled learners.
- Deliver class content to learners up to 8 hours per week for absent Trainers based on need.
- Oversee the enrollment and placement of all and open new class slots for the sales team if and when demand requires
- Assist the Content Development team with future academic content based on the immediate results observed within the classroom
- Oversee the Center realia supplies including the maintenance, cleaning and replenishment of materials on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with the Marketing team and Center Manager to develop and implement academic and sales events within the Center and participate in events as needed
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented capabilities
- Proven history of team leadership and self management
- A passion for children and their development
- Self-motivated and flexible to change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer-service oriented with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to function under stressful circumstances
- Advanced degree
- Familiarity and comfort with traveling internationally
- Willingness to experience new cultures
- Familiarity/affinity with the Disney brand
- A competitive salary
- Training and performance bonuses
- TEFL Certification Assistance (if not already obtained)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Minimum 40 hour per week work schedule that may include evenings and weekends
- Paid sick and vacation time, plus 11 Chinese national holidays
*Benefits subject to change.
Various locations include: Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou, Chengdu, Ningbo, Tianjin, Nanjing, Dalian, Wuhan, and Hangzhou.
Learn more and apply at our website:
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!