ART, SOCIAL STUDIES AND PYP TEACHERS NEEDED AT THE AMERICAN SCHOOL IN CHIAPAS, MEXICO
The American School Foundation of Chiapas, A.C. is a bilingual, multicultural IB World
School looking for passionate and professional full-time teachers for the 2022/2023 academic year.
We are specifically looking for Art teachers (all grades), Social Studies teachers (Middle School) and PYP teachers (Primary School). Please mention in the subject of the email which area you are applying for.
We are keen to hire teachers who are creative, enthusiastic, responsible, flexible, well-organized, principled, reflective, caring, and technologically proficient team players.
IB experience and fluency in Spanish preferred. Degree is essential.
We offer a two year contract starting August 2022 (it can be extended after two years).
- Competitive Salary: NET salary above average for Mexican and regional standards
- FREE furnished housing at American School Residencies (own apartments with kitchen, living room and dining room, and full bathroom with hot water; air conditioning, swimming pool, recreation area, laundry room, small gym, security)
- Private and National Health insurance
- At least 6 weeks of paid holidays per year according to the school's calendar
- Yearly round-trip airfare to country of origin
- Airport pickup
- VISA processing fees and costs
- Statutory holidays (Mexican holiday calendar)
-International Baccalaureate Courses and/or other PD opportunities
About the American School Foundation of Chiapas:
We offer a rich educational program, structured upon well-established curriculum guidelines from the Mexican Ministry of Education and the IB Primary Years Program. As an IB World School, we ensure a safe and thoughtful environment in which students are encouraged to grow as independent, respectful, responsible, and active citizens. We value constructivism and Multiple Intelligences as important components of the teaching/learning process. At the American School, we promote a cooperative and friendly work environment. We believe strongly in the importance of reflection, inquiry, and professional development.
We believe we teach our students to Live, Love and Learn! All learning at ASFC must exemplify our 5 Pillars: International Mindedness, Caring & Collaborative, Principled Communicators, Environmentally Cultured, Creative & Critical Thinkers; all within the framework of community values.
The American School is situated in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, the capital city of the beautiful state of Chiapas. Tuxtla is a fast growing, bustling city, alive with the vivid colors and energy of Mexico. Not far from the city are mountains, canyons, beaches, pyramids, and the ocean, just waiting to be explored. Tuxtla Gutiérrez offers delightful sunny weather all year round, delicious culinary flavors, and a culture rich in history and tradition. Here you can combine the security of access to familiar amenities with the excitement of living abroad in a Spanish-speaking community.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a current CV (including photo) via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: to apply for a visa, applicants will need to present a recently apostilled degree.
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!