English Language and Training Coordinator
Country Director AMIDEAST/Iraq
AMIDEAST/Iraq’s English language (EL) and training programs cater to all levels of English language learners, from young learners to adult professionals with a wide range of language development needs. AMIDEAST English courses include those for public customers as well as corporate/private clients. Classes are held at AMIDEAST’s office in Erbil, client training sites, and online, with courses covering beginning to advanced proficiency levels. EL courses include general English, business English, conversation, English for specific purposes, and test preparation courses. Training courses cover a wide variety of professional and workplace skills. AMIDEAST programs are based on a learner-centered approach in which students are encouraged to actively participate and engage in the learning process. EL and training instructors are responsible for planning and delivering high quality courses with support and supervision from the EL and Training Coordinator.
The EL and Training Coordinator will lead the planning, implementation, and monitoring of all English language and training programs at the AMIDEAST/Iraq Field Office. In coordination with the Country Director, the EL and Training Coordinator will represent AMIDEAST to stakeholders and serve as the regular point of contact for corporate clients. S/he will oversee administrative functions in the department including planning of courses, scheduling of classes, assigning instructors, and ensuring proper resources to deliver high quality EL and training courses. The incumbent will also ensure all program activities, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting are conducted in compliance with donor regulations and AMIDEAST policies and procedures. The EL Coordinator also provides professional support and assistance to teachers and staff and ensures the overall quality of AMIDEAST’s EL and training programs.
The EL and Training Coordinator will also contribute to new business development activities that are coordinated with the Country Director, AMIDEAST’s Regional Director for English Language Programs, and the organization’s Headquarters located in Washington, DC.
In response to COVID-19, AMIDEAST has expanded its delivery of high-quality instruction online. Online courses are hosted on AMIDEAST’s own platform, AMIDEAST Online, with a variety of LMS (learning management system) tools and resources.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teach up to 20 hours per week of English courses, as required.
- Manage assigned English language and training projects including planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities; this includes management of project resources and staff in compliance with donor regulations and AMIDEAST policies.
- Oversee English language and training programs being implemented in all regions of Iraq through in-person and remote management strategies.
- Oversee and manage all teaching staff for both EL and training programs.
- Plan materials and resources for EL and training courses, including the preparation of course descriptions and outlines – for face-to-face, online, and blended programs.
- Manage the effective use of AMIDEAST Online for all AMIDEAST/Iraq EL and training programs, and provide students/participants and teachers with guidance on the effective use of this platform.
- Maintain and update a resource library of EL and training materials for use by teaching staff.
- Develop training calendars for EL courses and training programs, including with instructor assignments and venues.
- Coordinate administration and scoring of placement tests for students/participants, as well as subsequent class assignments.
- Coordinate English language and training program activities with key contacts at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and at the U.S. Consulate in Erbil.
- Coordinate with the organization’s Regional Director for English Language Programs on the design, development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all EL, training, and test preparation programs that the AMIDEAST/Iraq Field Office offers.
- Coordinate course assessments for EL and training courses, in collaboration with teaching staff.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor course evaluation processes and develop evaluation reports, in collaboration with teaching staff.
- Solicit participants’ feedback and suggestions on a regular basis and incorporate these into the planning and implementation process for EL and training courses.
- Provide accurate inputs to contract and grant reports for EL and training programs in accordance with reporting expectations and schedules.
- Participate in business development initiatives including program design, activities, budgeting, and proposal writing specific to new or recurring EL and training programs and contracts.
- Assist with marketing and sales of Iraq EL programs and services, as needed.
- Contribute content for AMIDEAST Iraq’s website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field: education, TESOL/TEFL, human resource management, or business administration.
- A valid TESOL/TEFL Certificate (CELTA/TESOL/PCELT) awarded by an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three years of English language teaching experience
- Program or project management experience
- An advanced level of written and spoken English language proficiency
- Computer literacy in MS Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in e-learning
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively without close supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage staff and teachers from a wide range of backgrounds and skill levels
- Problem-solving skills, flexibility, and team leadership skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and customer service orientation.
- A master’s degree in TESOL/TEFL, applied linguistics, or a related field
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Knowledge of U.S. standardized tests (TOEFL, TOEIC, GRE, GMAT, SAT, and others)
- Fluent or near-native English language proficiency
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!