Camp Counselors at American Village in France
Work in France this Spring!
Immediate hire for the following start dates at American Village Camps:
-March 14, 2019
-March 21, 2019
-March 28, 2019
(2-8 week contracts available)
Salary: 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
Location: One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France.
- Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
- Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
- Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
- Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
- Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
- Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- First-hand knowledge of North American culture
- Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
How to Apply
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through the entire recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location (at camp), they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France - its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job.
It gives you experience
- Implementing lesson plans (2 hrs of ESL class, daily)
- Using ESL games
- Working with beginners
- Practicing TPR
- Perfecting your communication skills
- Meeting other ESL teachers
- Getting international work experience
All the while having fun with games and activities in English.
For more seasoned ESL teachers, it is a good fit if you are ready to get out of the classroom and onto the playing field! This is a language camp counselor job, there are no ESL office hours, if the kids have questions, they will ask you while playing with you in activities!
Youtube link : https://youtu.be/v7nxSc1mB08
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!