International Summer Camp English Teaching Position
Camp Cooper is the UK's leading American-style overnight summer camp based in Scotland, for international & British campers aged 7-17.
Campers create a personalised summer programme designed to suit their interests. We offer exceptional tuition in English language, tennis, dance, journalism, mountain biking, art, music, film-making, outdoor adventure, performing arts, football and sports.
We actively encourage campers to develop life-skills and focus on forming friendships, inspiring creativity and having fun.
Camp Counsellor Role
Who are we looking for?
Our summer staff team will be compromised of approximately 24 camp counsellors. The camp counsellor is a role model, friend, leader and mentor for our campers. Each counsellor is responsible for a cabin group of 8 - 12 campers - living, eating, laughing, supporting and organising activities with their group.
The Camp Counsellor facilitates friendships, runs unique cabin activities and is responsible for the pastoral care, safety and well-being of their campers.
The counsellor role is a fully residential role. The role includes food and accommodation.
Each counsellor will run at least one elective activity in the morning and afternoon based on skill and experience. When applying, please look at which electives you have experience in teaching. The electives we still need filled are:
- English Language (minimum TEFL qualification)
- Outdoor Adventure
- Mountain Biking
- Sports & Football
- Creative Superstar (baking, craft projects, smoothie-making, t-shirt making)
- Rockstar! (music - guitar, keyboard, drums & singing)
Please note, counsellors are required to have significant experience in their elective area(s), with previous teaching experience desired. Counsellors will be solely responsible for leading a group of up to 20 children, in the elective activity (up to 4 hours per day, 5 days per week and 8 weeks over the course of the summer).
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 7-17
- Have or willing to obtain a first aid certificate
- Fluent in English
- Abillity to be a positive role model for young people
- Experience in teaching at least one of the elective activities
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Must be willing to get a flu vaccination within 1 month of being offered a role
- Experience of working in a residential youth environment
- Experience of working with young people from a range of nationalities
- All applicants must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- All successful applicants must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- Staff get 1 day off per week, scheduled by the Camp
- The salary for working at Camp is £2600. This includes room and board (the salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)
Summer Employment Dates (including staff training):
Start Date: Monday June 24th, 2019 (2pm)
End Date: Saturday August 24th, 2019 (6pm)
These dates includes a mandatory 6-day staff training period.
To apply folow the link provided or send your C.V. to assistant director Jack Glas firstname.lastname@example.org
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!