EAP Lecturer Positions in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
EAP Lecturer Positions
English Language Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
College of Applied & Supporting Studies
Box 38, Dhahran 31261,
Applicants must be native speakers of English, have a degree from an Anglophone university, an internationally recognized TEFL qualification, and tertiary-level teaching experience.
KFUPM is a male-only, English-medium university of science, technology, and business, located in Saudi Arabia on the Arabian Gulf. We are seeking well-qualified, committed and experienced teachers of EFL/EAP for our undergraduate courses in the University’s English Language Department. We expect to recruit new faculty for the start of the fall semester in September 2017 or the spring semester in January 2018.
The English Language Department (ELD) teaches three undergraduate English courses:
• An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshman composition, reading and academic vocabulary)
• An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing and term report)
Academic & Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, recruitment strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants need a first degree in any discipline with: a Masters preferably in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics; or a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESL from an accredited university, or an RSA/UCLES DELTA. Applicants should also have a minimum of three years’ full-time teaching of EFL/EAP, preferably at the tertiary level, and have overseas experience.
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semesters (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD lecturers teach four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hours. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses and typically have responsibility for between 100 and 120 students each semester.
• Two-year renewable contracts
• Very competitive tax-free salaries
• End-of-service gratuity
• Additional remuneration through the evening language and summer programs available
• Generous leave
• Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
• Monthly transportation allowance
• Free furnished, air-conditioned accommodation with free utilities and house maintenance
• Educational allowance for school-age children
• Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
• Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and private beach
• On-campus and off-campus bus services to local schools and shopping centers
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, please go to the KFUPM website at www.kfupm.edu.sa and click on the Jobs tab (top right). In the Department Name drop-down menu, select English Language-Job F025 should be displayed. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Other
- 10 sites for the price of one!