ESL EFL TESOL Job Listing Application
ESL Jobs in China - EF Suzhou
EF English First
Suzhou, Jiangsu province, P.R.China
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference No. SZTA03A
EF English First, Suzhou is now recruiting native English language teachers. We are looking for well qualified teachers who have the creativity and resourcefulness to educate our students while ensuring they have fun doing so.
The right candidate will be able to bring our course material to life with varied and engaging activities. He / She will also be organsied and capable of working well with an international team of teachers as well as Western and Chinese management.
English First, Suzhou has 2 schools, the first opened in 2003 and the second in 2006. We employ 25 foreign teachers and pride ourselves on our professionalism and the quality of the courses we offer to a range of students, aged from young learner to adults.
Our school takes teacher training seriously believing in the importance of on-going learning to develop into an effective teacher. Come and work in a supportive environment where every day brings new challenges and rewards.
Suzhou – The city
Suzhou is a renowned cultural, historic and tourist city. The city is located in the southeast of Jiangsu Province, bordering Shanghai on the east. Written historical records indicate that Suzhou has a history of over 4000 years and the city is now best known around China for its unique and plentiful gardens and its many streams and canals, which have earned it the nickname “Venice of the East”.
In early years, teahouses and theatres were the most common nightlife activities. With the development of tourism however, there are multiple more fashionable choices in Suzhou now.
Suzhou is widely known in China as being one of the most livable cities in China, with a buzzing expat community and friendly locals. You will not enjoy only good food there, but also cosmopolitan atmosphere of nightlife activities including cafes, bars, teahouses, theatres and cinemas.
For more information on the city of Suzhou have a look at these sites:
· Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
· Lesson planning
· Use audio / video materials in classes
· Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
· Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
· Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
· Attend centre social events
· Excellent salary: 7,500 RMB per month
· Free accommodation: Western style, near the school or 2,000 RMB allowance/month
· Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
· Legal ‘Z’ work visa
· 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
· On-going training and academic support
· Promotion opportunities within the EF network
· Bachelor’s degree
· TEFL certificate (minimum 120 hours)
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
· Plenty of passion and energy
· At least 2 years of teaching experience
How to apply
Please send the following to Aidan Wang at jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com
· Covering letter
· Recent photo
· Degree & TEFL certificates
· Passport photo page
· Include in the subject heading the reference no. SZTA03A
We are looking forward to hearing from you.