ESL EFL TESOL Job Listing Application
Teach English, study and live in China, while earning a Master’s degree
Teach English, study and live in China, while earning a Master’s degree from Concordia University Irvine. English instructors/professors needed for K-12 schools, colleges and universities in China!
Concordia University Irvine offers a Masters of Arts in International Studies China (MAIS China) program that incorporates one-year salaried English teaching positions in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming and their neighboring cities, which are among China’s most important historical, intellectual, cultural and financial centers. There are three concentrations to choose among: International Business, International Education and International Development.
Students are required to take courses during the 1st summer semester on our Irvine campus. Afterwards, you head to China and start living, working and studying. MAIS China offers international work experience, prepares you to conduct research for your thesis project, and immerses you in new culture.
Apply today and start your journey towards a global experience like no other!
• Monthly salary & housing/housing allowance
• Reimbursement of round-trip economy class ticket (China-US)
• Legal China work visa
Program at a glance:
• Master of Arts International Studies Degree Program with Concordia University Irvine
• Concurrent China employment in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming and other cities with full benefits
• Three concentrations: International Business, International Education and International Development
• Possible to complete in 12-18 months (one summer semester in Irvine, with the rest of the semesters in China)
• Cohort-based program that starts every June
• Supervision and support from our representative office in China
• TESOL certificate awarded
• No prior Mandarin language skills required
• Field thesis research in China
• No GRE/GMAT required
• Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution (BAH included)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• Confer bachelor’s degree before June 2016
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Desire to teach in new cultural settings
• Prepared to learn, serve, and lead
• Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
• Background clearance by FBI or equivalent for teaching/ interacting with students
MAIS Recruiter and Program Coordinator