Intermediate TEFL-YL Course at The English Teacher Training College of Austria
Intermediate TEFL-YL Course
Are you a teacher in search of further professional development and EFL classroom experience? Have you considered studying on a TEFL-YL course in Austrian Alps to earn the Cambridge English TKT Certification from Cambridge University?
SPRING COURSE DATES: 29TH MARCH TO 29TH JULY 2016
Increase your employability as an EFL teacher through this unique opportunity to learn, travel and teach, whilst studying for a TEFL-YL certification in and around the Austrian Alps. The course puts a strong emphasis on the implementation of CLIL and young learner education techniques and methods. As a trainee on an intensive teacher training course, together with your teaching practice group, you will learn to teach English as a foreign language to young learners from the ages of 8 to 15. Trainees will gain experience teaching in more than twenty different schools while living in different locations in Austria. Course participants will also add to their theoretical knowledge behind language acquisition, teaching skills, language awareness and working with young learners. Experience using technology to teach via an online Virtual Learning Environment is also provided. Thanks to the support of sponsors, donors and our supporting members, the college is structured in such a way so as to subsidize the course costs of each trainee studying for their TEFL-YL certification.
The main campus is located in the Austrian Lake District (the region made famous by the “Sound of Music” movie), but college apartments in Vienna, Graz and other locations provide trainees with easy access to students all across Austria and beyond. The English Teacher Training College and its associated Bilingual Classroom Initiative (ABCi) is a not-for-profit Austrian College with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college and as an official Cambridge English Exam Preparation Centre, to provide a practical education in teacher training for trainees from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning, cultural exchange and foster understanding between English-speaking countries and Austria by bringing hundreds of teachers from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia into Austrian classrooms to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020. The College has a special focus on bringing free English projects to rural and often otherwise overlooked children in the alpine region.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- TEFL-YL Course including:
- Specific preparation training to achieve the highest band in five TKT exams (see below)
- Cambridge English TKT examination and certification (Modules 1,2,3, CLIL and Young Learners)
- Red Cross First Aid training and certification
- Extended training in communicative teaching, project work, game-based learning and task-based learning techniques
- Over 30 hours of observed and assessed feedback, including video feedback, feedback from senior tutors, feedback from peers and observing a more experienced teacher
- Ample opportunities to gain EFL classroom teaching experience
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Course-related travel costs in Austria
For further information, please see our website: www.english-teacher-college.at
- Experience teaching English and working with children
- A TEFL certification, Bachelors in Education, PGCE or equivalent with some experience teaching ESL lessons
- 21 years of age or over
- Native speaker level of fluency in English
- Experience in a non-traditional teaching environment such as summer camps, youth groups or outdoor education will be advantageous, however all candidates are considered
If your experience and aspirations match our requirements, email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews take place via Skype. Course-related travel costs in Austria are covered. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first served basis and the College reserves the right to make the final decision on which course candidates are selected for. Non-EEA applicants must have a valid Austrian residence permit.
- TESOL Teachers
- TESOL Schools
- TESOL Students
- TESOL Resources
- TESOL Jobs Feeds
- TESOL Top Jobs Feed
- TESOL Jobs Feed Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed South Korea
- TESOL Jobs Feed China
- TESOL Jobs Feed Taiwan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Japan
- TESOL Jobs Feed Southeast Asia
- TESOL Jobs Feed Thailand
- TESOL Jobs Feed Middle East
- TESOL Jobs Feed Europe
- TESOL Jobs Feed Latin America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Central America
- TESOL Jobs Feed South America
- TESOL Jobs Feed North America
- TESOL Jobs Feed Africa
- TESOL Jobs Feed Oceania
- TESOL Jobs Feed Online
- 10 sites for the price of one!