HOMEBASED ONLINE ENGLISH TUTOR (Canada and North America)
Date 2017-12-08 18:12:27 Location : Other
Continuum Education Services (www.continuumservices.org), a specialist recruitment business within the education sector, has multiple client companies looking for talented tutors and teachers to teach their students English online.
Let us match you to the right company and you can start enjoying one of these fantastic career opportunities.
WHAT IS OFFERED?
Opportunities vary depending on the client, but all of them offer the following:
· A base pay rate + generous Performance Bonuses for each class taught.
· Immediate start (once you have passed relevant screenings and training)
· Freedom to schedule your hours - various schedules that are flexible and can be personalized to your needs.
· Open to any English first language (native) speakers, provided you match the following requirements:
· A university degree
· English First Language (native) Speaker (lots of positions specifically for US, UK and Canadian nationals)
· TESOL/TEFL certification, or a willingness to obtain certification within a 90-day probation period.
· Computer literate
· Great communication and presentation skills
· Ability to motivate & inspire students.
· A quiet, clutter-fee, and well-lit teaching space in your home.
· Infrastructure to work from home consisting of (minimum specs):
Desktop/Laptop PC: Intel Core2 Duo processor or better (no netbook or tablet)/ Windows operating system: Windows 7 or 8/Internet Explorer web browser: Version 9 or higher/ Mac: OS 10.7 and higher (no Ipad)/RAM?2GB or more
Webcam: Either built-in or preferably high quality Creative, Logitech, or comparable
Headset: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 preferred, or any headset with sealed headphones and a swivel boom microphone (EXCEPT Logitech USB headsets).
Internet Speed: Minimum 800 Kbps download and 500 Kbps upload wired internet connection: Cable, DSL, or Fibre Optics (no wireless connection).
· Previous ESL teaching experience - ideally online to kids or adults
· Other previous working experience in other fields is preferred
· Teaching degree or qualifications and/or TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/TKT/CETYL certificates