Assistant Professor of EFL at Woosong University in Daejeon, Korea, starting March 2018
Date 2017-11-01 07:11:20 Location : Asia:Korea
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
- Must meet the requirements for E-2 or F-visa status.
- Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience acquired after the master’s degree
- PhD or EdD, with experience taken into account but not required.
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching at a university, college or corporation (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
- Verifiable through letters from employers with explicit dates or certificates of employment
Non-tenure Track Assistant Professor, General English Language (GEL)
- Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as Foreign Language classes
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week, 4 office hours and 2 hours every two weeks for professional development. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday during the morning, afternoon, and evening.
*Bilingual (Korean and English) GEL Professors who can translate and interpret may have opportunities for administrative duties.
- 2,700,000 to 3,500,000 Won per month
- Relocation allowance of 40,000 Won per day for up to seven days for those
applicants currently living outside of Korea (payable with first pay check).
- Airfare allowance (an additional 300,000 Won after your first month and 700,000 Won upon contract completion) for all first year teachers.
- One month's additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year contract thereafter.
For Single teachers, a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month is offered, or, if available, a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus.
For teachers with a spouse and/or family, a housing stipend* of 500,000 Won per month is offered. In the case that two teachers are married to each other and working for Woosong as a couple two housing stipends* of 400,000 Won are offered to the couple.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
- Vacation – 6 weeks paid
- Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan
- Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
- Mentoring program for those new to Korea, or Woosong
- One year contract starting March 1st. (Renewable upon satisfactory performance)
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Woosong offers staff discounts for study in the Masters of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning (M.A. TESOL-MALL) Graduate Degree program at Woosong University (http://tesolmall.wsu.ac.kr/) and the Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at our international business school, SolBridge (http://www.solbridge.ac.kr/). Both programs are taught solely in English.