Teach College level ESL with SCIC on Guangxi University campus in beautiful Nanning
Date 2017-07-08 19:07:01 Location : Asia:China
WANTS YOU FOR SEPTEMBER 2017!
Keen, creative, qualified EFL and content teachers
for equally eager first and second year University students
SCIC/GXU is 16 years old
Teacher Qualifications -
• English native language speaker.
• Minimum undergraduate university degree with minimally two years teaching experience plus.
• ESL/TEFL/TESOL/TESL certification.
• Masters, PhD’s and linguistics majors sought for curriculum development and PD roles.
• Applicants born and educated in Canada, the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand preferred.
• Responsible, energetic and creative young and more mature adventure-some people with diverse backgrounds and with knowledge to share.
Compensation package –
• Live in your own free, fully-furnished Western individual apartments on the university campus [pictures provided].
• Monthly salary of 6000 to 9000 RMB.
• 14,000 RMB travel allowance plus paid vacation[one week October, four/five weeks January/February plus long weekends throughout]
• Free Mandarin lessons.
• Basic medical coverage as per all GXU employees.
• Be met at the airport by staff and students, plus on-going support.
Maximum 18 contact teaching “hours” [40 minutes], Monday to Friday, plus 1 [60 minute] hour English Interest Course weekly.
Teach maximum 40 students, sometimes in groups of 20, sometimes combined
Modern classrooms [pictures provided].
EFL and content courses also taught [some examples - Business English, Entrepreneurship, English Literature, Public Speaking, International Film, Famous Books, Drama, Canadian Studies, Media studies, Journalism, Environmental Studies, Philosophy, Critical Thinking, Linguistics, Western Civilization, Eastern Culture, Creative Writing]
• Must be keen to work in collegial manner with other like-minded individuals (26 teachers in the SCIC community)
• Really!!! A life-changing experience!
• The HRD is a Canadian who has taught at our schools in China
• Experience a taste of the “real China” with easy access to national and international locations in Asia.