Teachers needed for University in Jiashan County, Zhejiang province
Date 2017-06-07 20:06:27 Location : Asia:China
- Teach Oral English to classes of around 40 university students
- Twelve to fifteen 90-minute classes per week
- Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
- Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
Earlybirds is an organization that works directly with universities and public schools in Shanghai. We are not a recruiter or agency but hire teams of teachers and academic managers for institutions that we are evolving and growing with. We offer a friendly yet professional environment for teachers wishing to experience life in China.
- Hold a TEFL certificate
- Hold a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English
- Minimum 2-years' teaching experience
- Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom ¨C training provided)
- Be at least 24 years of age (Shanghai Province visa law requirement)
- contract starting Sept. 1st , 2017 to June 30th , 2018
- 14,000 RMB per calendar month (10,000 basic salary + 4000 housing allowance)
- One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help in finding permanent accommodation provided.
- 12,000 RMB end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance).
- Travel allowances 8,000 RMB half paid upon completion of first semester, with the rest being paid on the completion of the contract.
- Paid supplemental accidental insurance.
- On-going teacher development
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
- Team dinners/trips to nearby sights