TEACHERS FOR 2017 - 2019 GUATEMALA
Date 2017-04-25 20:04:39 Location : Central America
High School Language Arts (1)
Colegio Decroly Americano requires that all applicants possess strong English speaking skills with good composition and grammar skills. Preference will be given to candidates from US and Canada with grade level experience, developed emotional intelligence, and who will be positive role models to our community of learners.
• College degree and teaching credentials
• Three years prior teaching experience
• Clear Background check from your point of origin
*Start date is August 14, 2017
COLEGIO DECROLY AMERICANO
Colegio Decroly Americano is a private, coeducational, bilingual (English-Spanish), and a non-sectarian school, founded by Fomento Educativo in 1993. The school was established with the purpose of offering and education based on excellence. We are internationally accredited by NEASC.
The curriculum is articulated from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade modeled after US private schools. It is focused on a standard based education that fosters: Intellectual, emotional and physical skills, positive social interaction, creative and critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation.
• Emphasis in teaching the English language with 80% of the overall school curriculum taught in English
• On-going professional development programs
• Academic guidance and counseling program
• Systematic and continuous evaluation criteria, to ensure students’ academic and personal achievement
• Programs to assist the individual needs of students
The school campus includes ample green areas, playgrounds, gardens and lots of trees, soccer fields and gymnasium, computer and science laboratories, a cafeteria, an infirmary, and a resource center/library.
Monday through Thursday from 6:55 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on Friday classes are held from 6:55 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Fridays´ afternoons are used for Professional Development (Teachers leave at 3:00 p.m. on Fridays). Co-curricular activities are held Monday-Thursday 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Students are offered a variety of programs especially designed for each grade level from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade. The school campus is fully Wi-Fi; all the students have the opportunity to make use of the Internet as well as other multimedia resources.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
CDA requires two years commitment in order to offer a contract
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• Up to $750 US dollars for airfare
• Housing is provided in a shared two-bedroom furnished apartment that includes all basic utilities, cable, internet, electricity, etc.
• Local medical insurance
• Visa (Permanent residency)
• Work permit
• Transportation to/from school in school buses
• Basic cell phone
• After-school clubs/tutorials for an additional stipend
• Free Spanish classes
The monthly stipend is paid in local currency and it goes from US$1,100.00 to US$1,250.00 (The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank). The cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries.
Is provided in an apartment building located in zone 9 in Guatemala City, the apartments are totally furnished including: dishes, small appliances, bedding and other basic items.