Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute (FLI) English Teaching Position
Date 2017-03-16 19:03:50 Location : Asia:Korea
Job Title: Full-time English Instructor (2)
Start Date: May 1st, 2017
1) Minimum requirements: Native speaker of English with a Master's Degree in English Language Education, Linguistics, or other related field of study and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience as a full/part-time instructor in an ESL/EFL adult program
2) Priority given to candidates who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations and job skills to adult learners, understands language acquisition principles, have experience developing and using effective language teaching methods and materials, a keen understanding of Korean English language learners, ability to acclimate to new programs, and ability to collaborate well with fellow colleagues.
3) Must be currently residing in Korea with an E-2 or F-2, F-4, F-5 visa.
Key Working Conditions:
1) Teach Yonsei FLI English courses (http://fli.yonsei.ac.kr/) and other required courses.
We are currently looking for instructors who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations and job skills(resume writing, interview skills etc.).
2) Location: Yonsei University, Shinchon Campus (New Millennium Hall, Yonsei FLI) http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/en_sc/intro/openmap.jsp
3) Teaching Hours: 20 hours/week
4) Base Salary: 2.2mil ~ 2.4mil ( + 552,000 won monthly housing fee) -starting remuneration
decided upon qualifications and teaching experience
5) Contract Duration: 1 calendar year (renewable based on performance evaluation)
6) 20 days of vacation (10 days during session + 10 days during session break) per 1 year contract
7) Overtime Pay: based on program taught
8) Severance pay upon completion of instructorship at FLI (Please note: Severance will not be issued yearly but upon termination of employment. i.e. if an instructor re-contracts for another year, he or she will receive combined severance when he or she leaves Yonsei FLI.)
9) Medical Insurance, National Pension, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance shared by the Foreign Language Institute
10) Housing Subsidy: Supports 552,000 won for on/off campus housing subsidy (no key-money provided)
Benefits: Full/Part scholarship at Yonsei Korean Language Institute(KLI)
1) Full scholarship for 'Special KLI course open only for FLI teachers'
2) 70% scholarship for 'Regular Korean Language Courses'.
1) Resume or CV (need to state all teaching experience in detail)
2) Cover letter(no more than 1 page long) on overall experience and qualification
3) Scanned or photocopied diploma and a copy of transcript
4) Recent photo(must be a recent picture)
5) A copy of passport (photo page)
6) 2 references (Not in need of a reference letter, but will need a contact point)
7) A copy of Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
8) Copies of Teaching Certificate(s) (if applicable) - i.e. Teacher's certificate,
9) Scanned file of Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement