Teaching Positions to Start May 17th in Thailand
Date 2017-02-25 03:02:43 Location : Southeast Asia:Thailand
1. Full-time positions starting May 16, 2017
School Locations: Ayutthaya, Mukdahan, Narathiwas, Chayaphum, Angthong, Nakhonsawan, Sukhothai, Loei, Chiangrai etc.
To be considered for the above positions, you must be a native speaker of English or near-native English and HAVE a degree in any field. Some experiences teaching Thai children are preferred but not necessary.
- Teaching primary and secondary school students, 18-20 hours/week (The teacher works Mondays-Fridays, 8:00-16:00 hrs.)
- Salary: 30,000-40,000 per month, depending on locations and your teaching experiences
- Working visa (Non-immigrant B visa) and work permit are facilitated by the school.
- Internet access at the school
- Accommodation is assisted to find in a walking distance to the school. The costs range from 3,000 – 4,000 baht/month.
- Starting date: May 16, 2017 Contract length: 6 months to 1 year contract (with possibility of extension, depending upon your performance).
*****Remarks: All of the selected candidates who are new to Thailand, after the interview via Skype or walk-in for the full-time teaching positions starting May 16, 2017, are required to attend a 3-day teacher training and orientation on May 6-8, 2017 at Woraburi Ayothaya Convention Resort in Ayutthaya. http://www.woraburi.com/woraburiayothaya/index.html This program will help our new teachers to get familiarized with Thai schools and environment before they start the full-time positions. Classroom activities, practical teaching, Thai language for communication and Thai culture introduction (Ayutthaya Floating Market, ancient ruins, Thai massage, Elephant Camp) will be included in the orientation program. The Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to every candidate. Contracts will be signed and school names will be informed during the teacher training workshop.
2. Teaching Trainee (for inexperienced applicants)
Language Services (LS Thailand) is now offering opportunities for English native speaking candidates to gain teaching and Thai cultural experiences as an English Language Teaching Trainee (ELTT).
Position: English Language Teaching Trainee (ELTT)
Duration: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year. Start all year round.
No. of positions available: Several
LS Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand, ~ an hour north of Bangkok
Other locations: Sukhothai, Loei, Trat, etc.
Scope of work:
- Practice teaching English conversation to adult learners at LS English Practice Center.
- Be a Thai teacher’s assistant at schools in different locations of Thailand. Immerse yourself in a new and friendly community.
- Teach at our fun English camp projects conducted in different locations in Thailand. The English camps will give you opportunities to explore and see more of the real Thailand.
What will be provided for our ELTT?
- Helpful supports from experienced Thai staff both in living and teaching while joining the project.
- Free accommodation & meals during the training.
- Opportunities to travel Thailand through LS English camp projects.
- A stipend of 9,000 baht/month
- At the end of the contract, if preferred, opportunities to teach English full-time in LS network schools will be recommended.
- A Non-immigrant B (working) visa will be facilitated by our partner schools.
- An LS English Language Teaching Certificate (LSELT) will be awarded at end of the training program.
Who can apply?
You should be:
- a native English speaker
- a graduate or new graduate with a Bachelor’s degree/ or final year university student with an outstanding GPA
- If without a degree, you must be eager to gain teaching and cultural experiences.
3. Part-time English Camp staff
Our English Camp team usually welcomes new staff members.
Have fun teaching English and playing with Thai children through our English Camp projects in several locations across Thailand. By working at our English Camps, you will get opportunities to see Thailand that normal tourists do not usually see.
4. English Teaching Volunteers at Schools
Intended for final year university students to earn credits for study by volunteering to teach at a school in our network across Thailand. The program covers 3-12 months. A selected volunteer will be attached to a school. The school will provide meals, accommodation as well as cultural and teaching experiences. The fees to join the program will depend on the length of attachment.