Senior Instructor & Instructor Positions with YBMs Adult Academies: Dec - Feb Start Dates
Date 2016-12-10 01:12:33 Location : Asia:Korea
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors and senior instructors to join its teams in Daejeon Seongnam, and Seoul. Korea’s #1 language education organization, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors and English speaking administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Listening, Business English, and English for Academic Purposes classes. Instructors make use of a combination of standardized lesson materials and texts, and materials designed by teachers themselves. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development. Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month, with the exception of English One to One branches which may have mid-month start dates.
• YBM Daejeon – February
• YBM Bundang – February
• *YBM English One to One (Jongno) – December ~ February (part-time leading to full-time)
• *YBM English One to One (Shinchon) - January
• YBM Gangnam – January
*position requires at least a full and continuous year of adult EFL teaching experience in a school setting
• Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month.
• PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of employment
• Paid pre-service training and accommodation.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
INSTRUCTOR WORKING HOURS
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• Opportunities for Saturday classes (at above-overtime rate)
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate diploma from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, or the United Kingdom.
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor.
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred).
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred).
Senior Instructor Position: YBM Daejeon
Contract Period: One-year contract (renewable) beginning February 1, 2017
YBM Language Institutes is seeking qualified candidates to lead its team of teachers in Seo-gu, Daejeon. Being sensitive to the needs of the school, teachers, and students, the Senior Instructor should be committed to implementing a high-quality program within the guidelines set by YBM EDU head office. Good communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of duties are essential.
The Senior Instructor is responsible for the hiring, training, and development of native-speaking EFL staff, regular student placement / level testing, scheduling of classes, curriculum development, and EFL teaching duties.
• Six hours daily, Monday ~ Friday: 3 ~ 4 hours teaching + administrative work 2 ~ 3 hours.
• Some Saturday teaching and/or administrative work (above overtime rate).
• Salary: commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + 200,000 KRW monthly housing stipend
• Contract completion bonus
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean law
• 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays
• Over 2 years teaching experience with adult EFL learners
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degrees preferred)
• CELTA/TESOL qualifications preferred
• Prior supervisory experience in an EFL context preferred