Date 2016-10-22 04:10:16 Location : Oceania
Vacancy Type Temporary Part Time
Hours/FTE 0.27 FTE
Description The Catholic Schools Office is seeking an experienced EAL/D Teacher for placement in a part time temporary capacity at ST JOSEPH'S HIGH SCHOOL, ABERDEEN for FTE 0.19 and ST JAMES PRIMARY SCHOOL, MUSWELLBROOK for FTE 0.08. FTE may fluctuate throughout the year.
Essential Criteria • Be appropriately qualified
• Excellent classroom behaviour management skills
• Empathy with and understanding of the needs of students speaking English as an additional language or dialect
• A sound knowledge of the skills and processes needed to support the literacy needs of EAL/D students
• Employ a range of strategies to support and motivate student learning
• Experience working with students with developing language needs
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team to support the literacy and English language skills of EAL/D students
• Sound knowledge of the ESL Scales and the EAL/D Learning Progressions
• Experience in teaching English as a Second Language to newly arrived students in Australia
• Share responsibilities in a team approach to supporting students with additional needs Current references from recent employers to support the above criteria must be provided with the application. Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by BOSTES. Teachers who have worked in a NSW school since before 1 October 2004, and have not had a break from teaching of more than 5 years, do not currently need to be accredited.
Finishing Date 19/12/17
Conditions of Employment Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Applications Close 4/11/2016
Enquiries Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter to the contact person.
Contact Name Telephone
John Tobin 6543 7444
St Joseph's High School
PO Box 12
Fax: 6543 7924
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.