Bilingual School in Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras Seeks Full Time FIRST and Fourth Grade Teacher (Female)
Date 2016-07-17 20:07:18 Location : Central America
Start Date: August 15th 2016
End Date: June 22th, 2017 (with the possibility of a contract extension)
• Bachelor in education Degree
• Native English speaker
• Preferred one year of experience teaching but new teachers are welcome to apply.
• At least one year living abroad
• Preferred teachers with Christian values
• Recent picture
• Committed to stay the full academic year
• 20 to 25 hours per week teaching time, 10 hours a week for duties, planning and staff meetings
• 6:50 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday*
• 2 weeks off December Holidays
• 1 week off Easter Holidays
• Honduran Holidays
Salary and benefits
• 11,000. Lempiras (approx. 500USD), per month
• 3,500 Lempiras (approx. 170 USD) rent stipend per month paid by the school to the landlord.
• Refund of the flight from U.S.A. to Honduras- payable on completion of first half of contract (top $600)
• Will pay for flight to home country- payable on completion of contract.(top $600)
• Medical Insurance offered.
*Teachers will be expected to participate in a few school events during the year outside of the regular school schedule.
About Alfa y Omega:
Alfa y Omega was founded 33 years ago as a small private school. In 2001, the school decided to expand to include high school. Now the school is offering Bilingual education and this is our third year hiring foreign teachers to offer the best learning experience for our city and a great teaching experience for you.
About Santa Rosa de Copán:
Considered the safest city in Honduras with a colonial air, the city has kept a distance from political and social problems that afflict other large cities in the country. The tranquility in Santa Rosa de Copán is undoubtedly one of its main features. A certain quietness that blends smoothly with the honest pride of its beloved people.