Full-time In-house Academic Editor Wanted in Taipei, Taiwan
Date 2016-06-10 21:06:10 Location : Asia:Taiwan
- Join a multinational team of academic editors who edit academic research papers for Taiwanese and Chinese researchers.
- Edit academic manuscripts intended for publication in international journals for errors pertaining to non-native English and clarity.
- Write instructional comments to authors on ways to improve their writing.
- Ensure manuscript adherence to conventions in engineering, medicine, science, and social science writing by referring to style guides.
- Attend weekly training sessions on academic editing conventions and incorporate feedback from regular peer evaluation in your editing.
Job Skills required:
- Native ability in English
- Detail-oriented style
- Ability to correct non-native academic writing errors
- A cheerful attitude and ability to work with other editors and management
- A four year degree plus two years working experience or a graduate degree
- A technical, medical, or scientific background is preferred
Wallace Academic Editing currently edits and translates papers from over 100 universities and research institutes in Taiwan. We specialize in academic editing and translation and invite applications from those who love editing and are familiar with academic writing.