EFL Instructor, Foundation Program
Date 2016-04-29 20:04:25 Location : Middle East
Algonquin College is one of the largest Colleges in Canada with a campus in Jazan. The Jazan, Saudi Arabia campus opened its doors in August 2013 as one of 37 Colleges of Excellence across the nation. The Colleges of Excellence initiative is part of an ambitious, large-scale plan to upgrade the technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in the Kingdom with an end goal of increasing the employability and productivity of Saudi youth.
We need male instructors to help transform hopes and dreams into skills and knowledge, leading to lifelong career success for our students.
Our greatest asset is our instructors who model the college’s core values of Learning, Caring, Integrity and Respect, in all interactions, both within and outside the college.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver regularly scheduled instruction as assigned at the start of each term
• Use a variety of student-centered, active learning activities that stimulate student participation and engagement
• Provide specific, constructive, and timely feedback to students regarding his progress
• Ensure all learning materials, lessons and activities are culturally appropriate
• Utilize available technologies to create an interactive learning environment
• Commit to continuous improvement and updating of skills
• Demonstrate strong corporate citizenship and commitment to college and program improvement
• Contribute to the development and archiving of teaching and learning resources
• Be respectful to all staff of all nationalities
o Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related discipline/field; Master’s degree preferred
o Graduate certificate in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TES/FL): minimum one year program, or equivalent and/or CELTA
o Minimum 3 years teaching experience in a post-secondary setting. Teaching experience in the Middle East is considered an asset
• Languages: English; minimum IELTS score of 7.5 (Academic) for non-native speakers; 6.5 (Academic) for Math and IT only. Arabic is an asset
• Computer Skills/Software: Microsoft Office, LMS, Smart board, VLE and more.