Faculty Position in Teaching Physics
Date 2016-02-28 17:02:57 Location : Middle East
(Please write this code in the SUBJECT of your email: PSU2016PYS)
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia, and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
Computer and Information Systems
Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Master in Computer information Systems
Master in Software Engineering (MSE).
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
The General Sciences Department is seeking applicants for the positions of Physics Faculty for its up-coming Academic Year 2016/ 2017, which starts in the last week of August 2016.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should have a Ph. D. in Pure or Applied Physics from a reputable institution; minimum of 3 years practical teaching experience at tertiary level. Preference will be given to applicants who have published papers in these disciplines. Extensive Research activities will be a plus-factor in the hiring process.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
1. We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
2. Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
3. Transport allowance;
4. Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
5. Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
6. Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
7. End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
Please visit our website: www.psu.edu.sa if you wish to learn more about PSU.
Apply with a cover letter to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write this code in the SUBJECT of your email: PSU2016PYS, otherwise your information will not be identify by the system)
Prince Sultan University, PO Box No. 66833, Riyadh-11586
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Fax No. +966-11-494-8010
Postal Address: Faculty/Staff Recruitment Officer
Office of the Rector
Prince Sultan University
P.O. Box 66833
Riyadh 11586 11586
Online App. Form: http://www.psu.edu.sa/Forms/PSU-EmploymentApplicationForm.xls
Email Address: email@example.com