Secondary Teaching Position - English
Date 2015-12-03 20:12:49 Location : Oceania
Vacancy Type Permanent Full Time
Description Classroom teaching and duties as directed by the School Principal. St Joseph's High School, Aberdeen offers a Catholic co-education to students in Years 7-12. St Joseph's was founded in 1896 by the Josephite Sisters. The school overlooks the Hunter River and is situated in the farmlands of the Upper Hunter approx. 1 1/2 hour drive north west from Newcastle.
Position Requirements • a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education
• willingness to fulfill the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy
• ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s.
• high level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning.
• high quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential.
• exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students.
• ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
• demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
• commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team.
• high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
Essential Criteria Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by BOSTES. Teachers who have worked in a NSW school since before 1 October 2004, and have not had a break from teaching of more than 5 years, do not currently need to be accredited.
Conditions of Employment Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Applications Close 10/12/2015
Enquiries Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter to the contact person.
Contact Name Telephone
John Tobin 6543 7444
St Joseph's High School
PO Box 12
Fax: 6543 7924
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.