Teach in Colombia in 2016!
Date 2015-10-18 21:10:27 Location : South America
1) co-teach with a local Colombian teacher in 9-12th grade public school classrooms
2) serve as the lead teacher at adult vocational training centers
Participants are required to teach 20-25 classroom hours and put in an additional 15-20 hours of classroom prep, grading, office hours, and staff meetings per week.
Placement locations may include, but are not limited to, the following cities: Armenia, Barranquilla, Bogota, Bucaramanga, Buga, Cartagena, Espinal, Floridablanca, Itagui, Ibague, Mainzales, Medellin, Neiva, Pasto, Pereira, Rio Negro, Sabaneta, Santa Marta, Valledupar, and Villavicencio.
API Program Includes:
- Guaranteed teaching placement
- Monthly stipend of $1,500,000 Colombian pesos
- 24/7 Pre-departure and local English-speaking support
- Airport pick-up and transfer on designated arrival date
- Visa and work permit processing fees
- Two-week orientation in Bogota and one-week training in host city with shared accommodations, meals, and activities
- Domestic transportation to placement city (Baggage fees are not included)
- First month of housing (or stipend) in placement city
- Cultural activities and excursions
- National Colombian health insurance
- Supplemental International medical, life, and travel insurance
- A pair of TOMS Shoes, a One for One™ giving product, upon completion of your program and evaluations
- Minimum 21 years old, Maximum 55 years old
- Native or Fluent English speaker
- Teaching/tutoring or classroom experience
- Basic Spanish language skills (not required, but helpful)
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline (or minimum five years full-time professional experience without a BA degree)
- Enjoy leading groups and teaching young adults and/or professionals
- Lesson planning and organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and flexibility
- Open to foreign cultures and living abroad
- Dedication to the full term of commitment
- A criminal background check
Late January/Early February to Mid-June, 2016 (or)
Late January/Early February to Mid-December, 2016
Application Fee: only US$400, which includes all the benefits listed above, including the required international medical insurance.
Application Deadline: Placements are first-come, first-approved, so apply now! Final deadline is November 20, 2015.