Elementary Teachers Needed in Honduras, Central America Starting October 2015
Date 2015-10-18 21:10:14 Location : Central America
Who we are seeking:
As a bilingual school, the teachers we require will need to teach in english ( no translation) some or all of the following subjects:
Science, English, Phonics, Spelling, Reading, Art, and/or possibly Music and Physical Education (With the higher grade teachers likely specializing and the lower grade teachers being more varied) it is not require to speak Spanish.
We are seeking, kind, patient, driven, and helpful candidates to come teach our amazing students and integrate into the peaceful community here in Honduras.
You do NOT need a teaching degree but need some experience working with kids and need a clean criminal record.
The school is located in rural Honduras; surrounded by natural beauty such as Lake Yojoa and Pulhahpenzak waterfall. The school continues to grow, and currently in it's sixth year, educates approximately 400 children, from kindergarten to Grade 11.
The benefits that we will be providing for the teachers include:
> monthly stipend of 8000 lempiras (about 400 USD)
> Comfortable housing located close to the school, with internet and other utilities included.
> Our bus is provided for all transportation needs to and from school and to and from the airport.
What to do next!
If you are interested in applying to teach at our school, please email your resume, a paragraph of intent/interest and the questionnaire below
Please answer the following questionnaire and then we can set up a Skype interview:
Thanks for your application. Could you please reply with your answers to the following questions:
1. What specifically about working at a k-10 Bilingual Christian school in Honduras appeals to you as a person?
2. What skills or experience would you be bringing to our school if you were hired?
(I have read each of your resumes so I would prefer brief personal insights).
3. Please rank the following in order of importance to you:
A) comfort B) helping others C) entertainment D) Nature E) Faith F) money and benefits G) working with/teaching children
4. Do you have an objection or take any delight in teaching at a Christian school in a conservative and beautiful rural town?
5. If hired, would you be willing and able to work from 7AM to 3PM through friday? Would you put your students and their needs first and be a caring, helpful, safe and hardworking teacher?
6. Would you be willing and able to provide a full background check to ensure the safety of our students and staff if selected to work at our school?
7. Are there any other special needs or requirements that I should know about you in this hiring process?
8. What is your skype ID and when are the best times to conduct an interview if necessary?
9. What grade would you prefer teaching?
I look forward to your replies, and I will let you know in the next 2 weeks if an interview will be necessary.
Thanks for your time and interest!
I will respond in a timely manner as we have received many applicants in past years.
Thank you for your interest and time!
Roberto Diaz Del valle