Experienced English Teachers Wanted in Magong City, Penghu Islands
Date 2015-08-27 11:08:24 Location : Asia:Taiwan
A small family owned English language school in Magong City is seeking 2 experienced Foreign English Teachers to arrive in 16th October and start training in the 24th October. The full teaching schedule will commence after training in mid-November.
Preference will be given to:
Teachers with 2+ years experience
Teachers seeking stable long-term permanent employment
A teaching couple seeking long-term positions
The school is located in the small seaside city of Magong, in Penghu, Taiwan. Magong is the only city in the Penghu archipelago and you can find almost everything you need here. The locals are relaxed and friendly and it's a great place to immerse yourself in Taiwanese culture and language. Not only are Penghu's pristine beaches and rocky coasts fit for snorkeling, windsurfing, fishing, diving and more, it has scores of beautiful islands for you to visit and explore while here. Penghu is a small somewhat isolated place where few people speak English. The summer is very hot and full of sunny days, while the winter is very windy! Life in Penghu suits people who are outgoing, independent, interested in different cultures and able to deal with language barriers.
MUST be a highly motivated teacher who goes above and beyond what is expected.
MUST have a professional attitude yet also understand cultural differences and be flexible.
MUST be energetic and creative and able to excite students.
MUST understand the finer details of how to keep students interested, learning and happy.
MUST be able to produce high quality, well structured, engaging lesson plans.
MUST work to a schedule and reach target goals in all aspects of the curriculum.
MUST have excellent spelling and grammar skills.
MUST have a strong ability to explain difficult concepts to a variety of different levels.
MUST be able to work well in a team environment and independently.
MUST have an affinity for children and be able to engage meaningfully with their parents.
MUST be able to have fun and enjoy teaching!
• Small family owned school with 1-2 other foreign teachers and 3-4 Taiwanese teachers.
• Two weeks of training will be given to successful applicants (paid by per-diem)
• Full curriculum and materials provided - speaking, listening as well as reading and writing are taught at our school.
• Reasonable class sizes (average 10 - 15)
• Approximately 14 – 20 hours per week (depending on quality and ability)
• Salary is $550-600NTD per hour / $650 NTD on the weekend
• ARC and Health Insurance provided through the school
• Up to 1 week paid holiday at Chinese New Year + other national public holidays
• No set office hours – Prepare in your own time but arrive min 10 mins before class
• Working hours generally fall between 2:30pm-8:30pm Monday – Friday
• The schedule will likely include 4:30-6pm Saturday &/or Sunday. The school will work with teachers to enable them to take the weekend off every now and then. The weekend is also paid at a higher rate.
• The school will help teachers find suitable living accommodation.
• Contract Renewal Bonus is an additional 7-days paid holiday.
Teachers are required to have:
• teaching 2+ years experience working with/teaching young children
• a degree from a recognized University
• a passport from either US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. your up-to-date resume
2. cover letter – explaining why you are right for this job
3. 2x recent photos
4. copy of your degree
5. copy of you current passport
Due to the large number of applications received, we will only be responding to those that fit all the listed criteria. Thank you for your understanding.