Teacher - Senior English / Junior Arts - Indooroopilly State High School
Date 2015-05-28 11:05:20 Location : Oceania
Education and Training
Indooroopilly State High School - Metropolitan Region
Indooroopilly State High School, a co-educational Independent Public School with an excellent tradition and reputation for student success. We are a school for young adults where we expect our students to develop self-discipline and social responsibility within a nurturing environment. High standards of academic and vocational learning are fostered, we seek to motivate and enthuse students to enjoy balanced academic, artistic, cultural, sporting and community service experiences as they forge meaningful future pathways. Indooroopilly High’s curriculum is wide and varied, offering choices in Queensland Studies Authority and Vocational Education subjects, as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Our cutting edge learning experiences, enriched by a strong international focus, ensure that the talents and interests of all students are able to be recognised and cultivated.
Job type Temporary Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Brisbane - West
Job ad reference QLD/MER33433/15
Closing date 01-Jun-2015
Yearly salary $52891 - $84279
Fortnightly salary $2027.30 - $3230.40
Job duration 13/07/2015 to 27/11/2015
Contact person Derek Weeks, Deputy Principal
Contact details (07) 3327 8333 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
English teacher with a second area in The Arts required for Semester Two 2015.
Please Do Not Apply Online – Please refer below to ‘How to apply’
• Temporary full-time position from 13/07/2015 to 27/11/2015
• For more information about our school, please visit www.indoorooshs.eq.edu.au
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. Find out more about: http://education.qld.gov.au/hr/recruitment/teaching/
How You Will Be Assessed:
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
1. Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and are consistent with relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and education trends.
2. Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards attainment of their potential.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills, and the ability to plan and apply appropriate behaviour management strategies that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
4. An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
• Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. The Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) is a Queensland government statutory body. Its purpose is to regulate, enhance and promote the teaching profession in Queensland in the best interests of the public and the profession. Information on registration requirements is available on http://www.qct.edu.au/ or (07) 3377 4777
• A current application for teacher employment with the department including an assigned suitability ranking acceptable for permanent or temporary appointment (applicants without a current suitability ranking will complete their suitability assessment as part of this recruitment and selection process). Information regarding the teacher application process and suitability ranking assessment is available at www.teach.qld.gov.au
How to apply:
As per School’s request, Applicants are required to submit;
• a three (3) page Curriculum Vitae
• include contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or recent supervisor)
Please send your application to;
• Derek Weeks, Deputy Principal
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday, 1 June 2015
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE - Applicants please refer to 'How to apply' for your requirements of applying.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
No File Attached