Teacher - Junior English/SOSE - Mirani State High School
Date 2015-04-09 11:04:39 Location : Oceania
Mirani State High School, Mirani - Central Queensland Region
Established in 1967, in the heart of the Pioneer Valley west of Mackay, Mirani State High School has developed a proud reputation for excellence in academic, cultural and sporting achievement. With an enrolment of approx. 830 students, the school is small enough to provide a family-oriented environment, but large enough to offer a comprehensive range of subjects in vocational education as well as tertiary preparation. The school offers a wide range of educational programs, Authority subjects and Authority registered subjects which meets the learning needs and provide our students with a balanced education for life in the 21st Century. The school prides itself on the close links that have been developed with business, industry and community organisations throughout the Pioneer Valley and the broader Mackay community to further enhance opportunities available to our students.
Job type Temporary Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Mackay region
Job ad reference QLD/CQR33249/15
Closing date Ongoing
Yearly salary $52891 - $84279
Fortnightly salary $2027.30 - $3230.40
Job duration 20/04/2015 to 26/06/2015
Contact person Dana Sadler
Contact details (07) 4842 8337 Email: CentralQLDMackay.HR@dete.qld.gov.au
Mirani State High School: 'Strive to Excel'.
We aim to provide a supportive environment to enable all members of our school community to develop to their full potential. We encourage individual responsibility, self-discipline and care and respect for others.
At Mirani State High School, we are committed to providing all students with a quality secondary education.
We aim to:
•Achieve excellence in teaching and learning.
•Produce quality outcomes for all students.
•Promote fair and equitable practices.
•Encourage partnerships between students, teachers and parents.
Please Do Not Apply Online – Please refer below to ‘How to apply’
• Temporary full-time position from 20/04/2015 to 26/06/2015
• Department accommodation may be available upon application
• Travel and removal assistance available
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. Find out more about: http://education.qld.gov.au/hr/recruitment/teaching/
How You Will Be Assessed:
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
1. Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and are consistent with relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and education trends.
2. Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards attainment of their potential.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills, and the ability to plan and apply appropriate behaviour management strategies that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
4. An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
• Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at email@example.com or on toll free 1300 720 944.
• A current application for teacher employment with the department including an assigned suitability ranking acceptable for permanent or temporary appointment (applicants without a current suitability ranking will complete their suitability assessment as part of this recruitment and selection process). Information regarding the teacher application process and suitability ranking assessment is available at www.teach.qld.gov.au
How to apply:
As per School’s request, Applicants are required to submit;
• a brief resume
• contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or recent supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed'.
Please submit your application to;
• Dana Sadler
Phone: (07) 4842 8337
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE - Applicants please refer to 'How to apply' for your requirements of applying
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
No File Attached