Part Time Casual Teachers - ESOL - 00002PBR
Date 2014-04-10 11:04:04 Location : Oceania
Salary: $75.05 per hour
Are you passionate about your industry? Do you want to share your knowledge and expertise? This is your opportunity!
TAFE NSW - South Western Sydney Institute is now accepting applications from qualified and experienced persons who wish to be considered for placement on a Suitability List to teach in the above area.
Click here to watch a short video on how to prepare your application.
You must apply online
Your application should address the selection criteria, listed below
Note: This is a child-related position. Applicants must have a valid and current Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance as a condition of employment. To apply for a WWCC Clearance, visit the Children Guardian’s website at http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/.
In addition, your employment will be subject to the Department’s National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Specific Inquiries: Suellen Bayly on (02) 9780 5589
Additional Information and Forms
Information for Teaching Positions
Verification of Qualification Form
Certificate IV in Training Assessment (TAE40110) Information
How to Apply Online Information Sheet
WWCC Appendix 4: Information for Applicants
WWCC Appendix 6: Proof of Identity
WWCC Appendix 7: Declaration
WWCC Appendix 8: CRIMTRAC Form
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 April 2014, 11.59 PM
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
Location Sydney Region-Sydney - South
Other Locations Sydney Region-Sydney - West, Sydney Region-Sydney - Greater West
Work Type Part-time
Total Remuneration Package: $75.05 per hour.
Job Category Vocational education and training/TAFE
Organisation TAFE NSW
Contact Recruitment Officer - (02) 9609 9249
1. Recognised and relevant Degree or equivalent, including the equivalent of one year's full-time study relevant to English Language teaching methodology.
2. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or able to demonstrate equivalent competencies.
3. Relevant and current vocational/community experience, including a minimum of 100 hours of post qualification experience in designing and delivering programs relevant to ESOL.
4. Demonstrated ability to design and implement programs of training and assessment in more than one delivery context.
5. Current knowledge and awareness of access and equity issues relevant to students’ needs.
6. High level written and oral communication skills in English.
7. Commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment.
8. Commitment and capacity to implement Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Ethical Practice, Ethnic Affairs Priorities Statements, Work Health and Safety (WH&S) as they relate to the position.